Sunday, July 17, 2011


I fear it will take more than the newly-acquired digital camera with the very large viewing screen to help me distinguish the subject of my photographs from the surrounding landscape. When we embark on one of our daily jaunts into the woodland of the ravine adjacent our home, I'm on the lookout for anything unusual and if I'm able to, like to snap a photo of whatever it happens to be.

Yesterday I took out, for the first time, the new Kodak camera that my husband bought for me, a Kodak-reconditioned camera that came at an affordable price. Alas, while I'm able to enjoy the larger screen and can see as a result a larger landscape in its view, it still cannot enable me to distinguish details. So I point and shoot, hoping that what I'm aiming at will be in the near vicinity of the shot.

As it happened, I spotted a hare, and it was nicely posed. It simply stayed where it was, on the trail adjacent to the one we happened to be on. Our little dogs are securely harnessed and leashed and they didn't alarm the little beast. Their odour no doubt did, still it stayed its ground, patiently awaiting our departure for whatever reason. I hauled out my new little camera to give it its initiation into usefulness. And took what I hoped would be usable photos.

I did use the zoom function, but I'll certainly have to become far more familiar with the new camera to enable me to use it for its ultimate technical value. And the sad truth is, if I really want to get the most out of the camera, I'll have to carry along with me a pair of eyeglasses, and this is something I hadn't bargained on, just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment