Tuesday, September 4, 2012


There we are, then, moved a few pieces of furniture around - no mean task in this house - to provide a corner for my new-old computer desk.  Set up the computer and away we go!

We moved the bureau platet from its place in the corner and replaced it with my newly-finished old desk hauled up from the basement workshop and fitted out with a keyboard slide.  The bureau platte was moved into the dining room, at one end between the pillars.
And the half-round Chinese black lacquer table that had sat between he pillars where we placed the bureau platte was moved into the family room and it too sits between two pillars between the family room and the passage leading to the kitchen. 
A place for everything and everyhting in its place.


I can now post whatever I please whenever I please in the family room.  Rather than go upstairs to the room where the large armoire-computer corner is set up - which will also continue to be used for the time being, when it is more convenient to work from there, but I do now have other options.

Which means, in the evenings I can remain downstairs with my husband, and do my thing on my desktop, while he busies himself using his laptop.  Was a time when we would watch television programs together, but that time has long since past.  Mostly because there's so little worthwhile watching and because now we have no working television at our use.


In the year we've been without a television set in the house we haven't missed one.  We've kept busy doing what we prefer to do; reading books, magazines and newspapers, and working on our computer; my husband using his for viewing the British detective videos he enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment