Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Throughout the winter months I always wear full-length skirts while in the house. Little Riley used to enjoy hitching a ride on the back of my skirts when I was heading downstairs. There are echoes of Riley's habit in Jack and Jill, one of them, I can never be certain which, does the same thing. Jackie, in fact, often tugs at my skirts and tussles with them when I first put one on after we've been out and intend to remain indoors afterward. He seems to find it a challenge to clamp a part of the skirt in his mouth and pull it toward him, tugging ferociously. He's never yet caused damage to any of them, but his behaviour is somewhat peculiar.


Like his fascination for bare feet. He seems to have a fetish for feet bare of any covering. I often go about the house in bare feet. When I'm doing my daily exercises, as an example, I wear a bare minimum and that means my feet too are bare. As long as I'm lying on my back (however briefly) he takes the opportunity to thoroughly lick between the toes and the sole usually of my right foot, for some reason preferable to the left, though today both feet were given a thorough licking, the left when he was finished with the right. Usually when I'm finished my exercises, I just sit on the floor for awhile, and that's the signal for Jackie to go after my feet and Jillie to snuggle close to have her belly rubbed. Jackie enjoys belly rubs too, but not before his preferred pleasure of toe-licking.


Jillie too has her aberrant behaviour difficult to comprehend. For example, though Jackie soars heights as though he's in flight, effortlessly and gracefully, Jillie seems confounded by his ability. He will leap onto the sofa when they're engaged in a good vigorous fighting session, and tease her from there.  She becomes visibly frustrated but doesn't believe she can follow up by a simple leap. She's more than capable of any kinds of leaps since we've seen her engaged in acrobatic jumps elsewhere, outside in the backyard, in the ravine. But in the house? Something seems to trigger her brain to believe she is unable to jump.

Usually when I'm sitting on the sofa reading, she wants to get up beside me to snuggle and sleep. I encourage her by telling her "up!" and that's the signal she uses to place her two front paws on the sofa's edge, waiting for me to bend down and lift her up bodily. We've graduated from the lift to a firm hand placed on her bottom and she would then climb up. Since then we've proceeded to pure show on my part. I simply notionally placed my hand lightly on her bottom and with that touch, she leaps effortlessly on her own. And now? Now, I have only to lightly wave my arm and hand in a downward motion and up she goes, no touch at all. But without that little pantomime she will sit there, convinced she needs help mounting a height.



No comments:

Post a Comment