Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Chiheb Esseghaier Raed Jaser
Chiheb Esseghaier is set to represent himself at the judicial pre-trial. (CREDIT: Frank Gunn, CP) 
 
This is a photograph of a Tunisian-born man who came to Canada on a student visa to study in Montreal. He is a doctoral candidate in the field of bionanotechnology, extremely proficient in this chosen profession, and he is also a dedicated jihadist. He, along with a Toronto-area man who arrived in Canada with his family as a Palestinian refugee from Kuwait, planned to destroy the calm and security of Canadians through executing an atrocity, blowing up a regular passenger Via Rail train routed from New York to Toronto. 

They were arrested in April of 2012 on charges of terrorism, after a lengthy investigation conducted co-jointly between the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. In the United States, another suspect had been arrested on similar charges related to these terrorist plans. This case would represent the first time that an al-Qaeda-linked plan to commit a terror act might have taken place in Canada.

Some while back I signed up with Linked In. I've no particular interest in the site, and just ignored a number of invitations I received from friends and acquaintances to sign up, but when one of my nephews repeated that invitation I relented and did sign up to become a member. It's mostly meant for professionals in a wide spectrum of areas to link up with others who share their interests and affinities and can without doubt be useful to many people, myself excluded.

Although I exercise no active presence on the site, I am listed on it. And as such what I take to be entirely automatic messages are emailed to me on a fairly regular basis inviting me to become involved, to peruse what my links have been up to, in their progress within the site, linking up with new contacts, citations of their activities, that kind of thing. What I also receive notifications for via email are others whom I might find interest in, and might appreciate linking up with. Tangential?

There is a recurring invitation that I receive from Linked In  on a surprisingly frequent basis, inviting me as a Linked In member to get to know some fascinating individuals whose patronage/acquaintanceship/links might be advantageous to me: And here's a sample:

No comments:

Post a Comment